CASSANDRA REPORT DIGEST
A sneak peek at our Culture of Influence Report
The Culture of Influence, Cassandra’s latest syndicated report, went live at the end of December. For subscribers to the Daily who aren’t yet Cassandra members, we’re providing a teaser of the content contained in this fascinating report. In The Culture of Influence, we explore the key characteristics and strategies that drive the relationship between influencers and today’s modern consumers, providing our clients an insightful playbook to make the most of influencer marketing. Below is a sneak peak of some of our findings.
THE IMPACT OF INFLUENCE
69% of youth in the US and 59% in the UK say that their favorite influencer possesses a great amount of influence over them. That number jumps up to 76% of U.S. Trendsetters and 72% of UK Trendsetters.
- The Culture of Influence asks the question, “what is the importance of influence, really?” and explores the characteristics that modern youth value the most in their influencers. We also look at top influencers and the categories in which influencers are most likely to be driving youth’s purchases.
THE HIVE MIND
Six in 10 UK Trendsetters (60%) and around half of U.S. Trendsetters (54%) say they feel empowered when they boycott a brand.
- The hive minds of the media landscape today—most apparent in stan culture and cancel culture—have become hard to ignore as they play out across the social technologies that shape modern youth’s understanding of the world.
- The Culture of Influence examines how brands should feed, seed, and focus the hive mind in order to harness the power driving this social force.
THE NEW SOCIAL ORDER
57% of U.S. Trendsetters and 48% of UK Trendsetters follow influencers to discover new products or services.
- Unlike traditional celebrity influencers, micro-influencers have smaller followings and more relatable personas, meaning their audiences tend to be engaged and more likely to try a product or service they recommend.
- The Culture of Influence looks at what this means for brands when they consider partnering with influencers.
If you’d like to learn more about membership to Cassandra, please reach out to Michael.email@example.com.